👇 More photos below… 👇
KARACHI, PAKISTAN, January 28, 2021 — Baitulmaal, a Dallas-based international humanitarian relief agency, recently completed the construction of 10 new hand-pump wells providing water to over 2,600 individuals in villages in rural Pakistan.
Each well was funded by a generous Baitulmaal donor. Below is a list of villages and each corresponding dedication as well as the number of villagers who now have access to safe, clean water.
- Jumu Mallah, in memory of Isahak Shaikh and Azimuhanisa Shaikh, accessible to 250 villagers.
- Kheero Shah, in memory of Naeem Kazi and Qamar Kazi, accessible to 179 villagers.
- Allah Bachayo Bhatti, donated by the Mohammad family, accessible to 300 villagers.
- Patail Muhammad Qasim Mallah, donated by Chaudhry Muhammad Saleem, accessible to 500 villagers.
- Hamzo Mallah, in memory of Saud Mahmoud Tanbouz, accessible to 250 villagers.
- Allah Dino Jat, donated by the NJ Bros, accessible to 195 villagers.
- Gul Muhammad Parheri, donated by Mahmoud Mikbel, accessible to 250 villagers.
- Rabu Jat, donated by Mahmoud Mikbel, accessible to 250 villagers.
- Mithan Norhiyo, donated by the Baitulmaal USA team, accessible to 275 villagers.
- Ramoon Mallah, donated by the Baitulmaal USA team, accessible to 200 villagers.
The new wells follow the construction of 10 wells in Pakistan earlier this year. More on those wells can be found here.
“We are touched by the outpouring of support for well projects,” said Elizabeth Sohail, programs manager at Baitulmaal. “It’s incredible how we can come together to keep the clean water flowing.”
Earlier this month, Baitulmaal announced the completion of its first solar-powered, deep-water well in Yemen in a live-streamed event with Carson Caldwell, a cross-country cyclist who raised awareness for Yemen and in whose name the well was dedicated.
Donors who are interested in water access projects or in dedicating a well to honor a loved one can visit https://baitulmaal.org/support-water-access/ to learn more.
Baitulmaal is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides life-saving, life-sustaining and life-enriching aid to people in need around the world. With headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the charity has offices in: Los Angeles, California; Chicago, Illinois; Detroit, Michigan; Nairobi, Kenya; Mogadishu, Somalia; Amman and Al Ramtha, Jordan; and Karachi, Pakistan.
# # #