Empowering social mobility.
More people live on less than $1.25 a day that live in the United States of America, Pakistan, Russia, Japan, Mexico, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Canadan, Malaysia, Australia and the United Kingdom combined.
Children living in poverty today outnumber the populations of the United States of America, Indonesia, Brazil and Bangladesh combined.
So many children die due to poverty that it is like the entire population of Somerset, NJ, died over and over again every single day.
Economic development is about empowering individuals and communities with new knowledge and skills they can use to pull themselves out of poverty. Vocational training and other programs combine to enable beneficiaries to earn more to support themselves and to contribute more to society.
At Baitulmaal, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to better their conditions for themselves as well as their families and communities. This belief drives us to provide vocational training and other economic development programs to impoverished communities around the world.
We need your help to continue providing economic development programs to those who cannot afford it because we cannot afford not to.
If you share our belief in the universal good of empowering opportunities for economic advancement for the disadvantaged in impoverished countries, then support this important work with a generous donation today.
Below are economic development projects you can support.
Facts about Economic Development
- 6 billion people live on less than $10 a day
- 3 billion people live on less than $2.50 a day
- 1.3 billion people live on less than $1.25 a day
- 1 billion children are living in poverty
- 22,000 children die every day due to poverty
- 1.6 billion people live without electricity
- 640 children live without adequate shelter
- 15% of the world’s population remain vulnerable to poverty