Access to healthcare remains a challenge around the world. Support healthcare with a generous donation today.
Access to Healthcare
The number of children under the age of five who die each year largely from the lack of access to healthcare is larger than the population of Ireland. The number of people who die from tuberculosis, diarrhea, pneumonia, malaria and hepatitis is greater than the population of Libya. The number of people who die from diseases that could have been avoided through immunizations is greater than the population of Belize.
What’s even more troubling is that these illnesses are not painless. They bring on a tremendous amount of suffering to those whose only crime was being born in a part of the world that lacks access to healthcare.
At Baitulmaal, we believe everyone has a right to healthcare. This believe drives us to provide support healthcare initiatives around the world, such as hospitals and clinics that provide much-needed medicines and care to those who would otherwise go without.
If you share our belief that healthcare is a human right, then join us in our efforts to increase access to life-saving and life-sustaining medicines in underserved populations around the world.
You are critical to this effort. Without your generous donation, we would not be able to ship antibiotics, medical tests, equipment and pay salaries to medical staff who provide these services.
Please donate generously because the gift of life is precious.
Below are healthcare projects you can support.
Facts about Healthcare
- 5.4 million children under 5 die each year, largely from lack of access to vaccines, medication and healthcare (15,000 per day)
- 97% of deaths of children under 5 occur in developing countries with limited access to healthcare
- 1.6 million people die each year from tuberculosis
- 1.5 million deaths each year could be avoided with immunizations
- 1.4 million people die each year from diarrhea
- 880,000 children die each year from pneumonia
- 435,000 people die each year from malaria
- 43% of deaths before the age of 70 each year are caused by treatable noncommunicable diseases
- 800 women die each year from pregnancy or childbirth complications
- 1.3 million deaths per year from hepatitis
- 5 million injury related deaths per year
News & Updates
Respond / Sustain / Thrive
Baitulmaal, a Dallas-based international humanitarian aid organization, is providing $1.6 million of aid to the support Bandiiradley Hospital, which serves about 50,000 people in 35 settlements in Somalia. Baitulmaal is also providing additional monthly funding to...
As we observe Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we remind ourselves of the significant contributions he made to peaceful resistance against racial injustice. His philosophy, words and actions continue to inspire civil rights movements today. In his December 11, 1964,...
The New York Times is calling the situation in Yemen “the world’s worst humanitarian crisis” and lists Baitulmaal among highly rated charities providing aid in Yemen. The United Nation’s 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview estimates that 17.8 million Yemenis don’t know...