Careers @ Baitulmaal
👥 Our people are our greatest asset.
Job Opening – Major Gifts Specialist
Baitulmaal offers a cooperative workplace focused on quality, innovation, and growth. We look for people who share our values of integrity, creativity, and excellence. Complete the form below to apply for the position you would like to fill.
Baitulmaal Inc. is a 501(c)3 charity that serves as a conduit between the compassion of our donors and the needs of our beneficiaries. We are growing and looking for the right candidate to join our amazing team!
We’re seeking a Major Gifts Specialist who will be assisting the Baitulmaal Waqf team. This position will develop relationships with current and prospective individual major donors, engage in strategy development, coordinate with senior staff, collaborate with volunteers, as well as oversee prospect research and management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages relationships with a portfolio of 150+ major donors.
- Develops and implements strategies for the identification of new donors, and for the cultivation and stewardship of current donors through appropriate personalized outreach initiatives.
- Implements fundraising strategies from individuals through major gift campaigns, personal cultivation/solicitation, planned giving initiatives and special events designed for individual donors.
- Creates and oversees major gifts strategic plan and procedures, in coordination with relevant stakeholders that are essential for a comprehensive major gifts initiative.
- Assists Fundraising manager with the major gifts annual operational and revenue plans.
- Coordinates with other Fundraising team members and executive management regarding relationship building and donor cultivation events, including briefings, private and public presentations, and special events to provide a source of targeted funding.
- Work with Baitulmaal Waqf within the community and donors that the organization is thinking long-term and building assets for its own future sustainability.
- Educates donors about Baitulmaal funds.
- Contacts and meets with prospective donors through personal visits, meeting with lapsed, active and prospective donors and attending events outside the office.
- Ability to make face-to-face solicitations by working closely with the fundraising staff to ensure that major donors are acknowledged in a personal and time-sensitive manner.
- Maintains and grows the corporate relationships with the current/future list of companies that participate in the corporate & matching gifts program.
- Coordinates and assists with planning events (private/public), tours, and seasonal activities on a regional & national level with the Fundraising teams.
- Writes and/or edits proposals, reports, acknowledgements, briefings, and letters to donors and prospects, pledge reminder letters and other documents.
- Maintains and provides accurate records; meetings, interactions and solicitations of all donor-related activities.
- Serves as a well-informed representative and advocate for major gifts.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, required.
- CFRE – certified fundraising executive certificate preferred.
- Minimum 3 years successful fundraising experience for nonprofit organization(s).
- Must excel in working with high net-worth individuals, families and businesses, and have the ability to compel investment in Baitulmaal’s mission.
- Demonstrated successful experience and effectiveness in prospect identification, relationship building and donor solicitation.
- Leadership ability with exemplary interpersonal skills: strong ability to communicate (written and orally) persuasively and strategically, and with tact, and diplomacy as necessary.
- Ability to lead face-to-face meetings with utmost professionalism and have the confidence to solicit funding using effective and appropriate language.
- Experience in writing effective proposals, summaries, and reports and updates for fundraising purposes.
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to contribute to team environment.
- Confident and proficient user of MS Office.
- Strong research skills along with proficiency in database and membership management.
- Ability and desire to work remotely, independently and collaboratively to accomplish goals and projects.
- Understanding of key international and national current events/political issues that affect humanitarian, aid, development work and project knowledge.
- Capable of directing and working effectively with donors, volunteers, staff and committees in a wide range of activities while under pressure and/or deadlines.
- Experience in using Salesforce, Donor Perfect & similar fundraising database applications.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Liaison with consultants and external contacts to progress and facilitate corporate giving and like strategies.
- Must be flexible with schedule and travel 50% of the time.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
If you are interested in this position, apply today! https://baitulmaal.org/careers/