We will continue providing aid and implement safeguards in response to this pandemic, and we urgently need your help today!
DALLAS, March 14, 2020 — On March 11, the UN World Health Organization declared the novel coronavirus COVID-19 a pandemic. On March 13, the U.S. government declared the pandemic a national emergency.
At Baitulmaal, we are monitoring the situation and developing plans to deal with how COVID-19 impacts our work and the people we serve. This includes monitoring news reports, communicating with our field representatives and responding to needs in the safest way possible.
Like many nonprofit organizations in our sector, we rely on the compassion and generosity of our community members, and we receive much of this support at local community events around the country.
Out of concern for the safety of our community, we are canceling all public events starting today until March 30, 2020. As this date approaches, we will reassess the situation and make a decision regarding events moving forward.
During this time, we urgently need your donations to help those in need around the world.
- Palestinians in Gaza will still have virtually no access to uncontaminated water unless we continue providing clean drinking water to the 300 water tanks we service each week.
- Syrians in make-shift camps inside their country and refugee camps in neighboring countries still need food and water to survive unless we continue providing emergency aid to Syrian refugees.
- Internally displaced Yemenis are still struggling in near-famine conditions, many with no access to food or medicine unless we continue to provide emergency aid in Yemen.
- People struggling with poverty and hunger are facing Ramadan fasts without knowing where their next iftar or suhor is coming from unless we act now.
- People in other parts of the world still need our help, especially now that providing humanitarian aid is becoming more challenging.
Can we count on you to make your most generous donation today?
We are asking our donors to give generously today because we must continue providing aid in a safe manner during this crisis.
Here is what we need from you today:
- Make dua ask Allah to keep us healthy in body, mind and faith.
- Bookmark the CDC COVID-19 website to stay informed about this pandemic and learn what you can do to help stop the spread of this virus.
- Make a tax-deductible, zakat-eligible donation to Baitulmaal today so we can continue providing humanitarian aid to those in need during this crisis.
- Share this message with all your friends and family members (social, email, text).
- Ask all your friends and family members to join you in donating to Baitulmaal.
We have a duty to work together to prevent the spread of this virus while still providing for those who are in desperate need around the world. We will get through this together, insha’Allah.
P.S. Here are some helpful resources about COVID-19.
Baitulmaal is a 501(c)(3) charity. Donations to Baitulmaal are tax-deductible and zakat-eligible.