Careers @ Baitulmaal
👥 Our people are our greatest asset.
Job Opening: Programs Regional Director for Africa
Baitulmaal offers a cooperative workplace focused on quality, innovation, and growth. We look for people who share our values of integrity, creativity, and excellence. Complete the form below to apply for the position you would like to fill.
Baitulmaal Inc. is a 501(c)3 charity that serves as a conduit between the compassion of our donors and the needs of our beneficiaries. We are growing and looking for the right candidate to join our amazing team!
The Programs Regional Director for Africa is responsible for the operational success of Baitulmaal in Africa. This means to research, plan and oversee the execution of programs in African countries, to build the capacity of local offices, to manage a growing team, to oversee daily operations, logistics and administration, and to ensure compliance with Baitulmaal policies and standards.
This newly established position serves as the point of contact between headquarters and local staff. It is based in Nairobi, Kenya, and reports to the Program Manager at Baitulmaal headquarters.
- Develop a growth strategy for Africa in coordination with headquarters and with country offices
- Lead the execution of the strategy, planning, executing, monitoring and evaluating progress of projects and programs.
- Lead the development of, and implement standard operating procedures and contingency plans for emergency response and facilitation of projects
- Organize logistics assessments of projects and follow-ups for tracking impact on beneficiaries
- Establish partners and local staff and volunteers to support rapidly expanding programs
- Represent Baitulmaal to relevant government entities, INGOs, LNGOs, and UN agencies
- Develop and implement a strategy to reach out to grant-giving organizations
- Manage matters related to recruitment, security, legal and program development opportunities
- Financial and Operational reporting to headquarters
- Support headquarters with operational start up in other areas, when necessary
- Other duties as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic mindset
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to recruit, manage, mentor, develop and retain team members, empowering them to reach their highest potential
- Understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and reporting
- Experience developing and managing a complex portfolio of programs
- Experience working in multiple countries
- Fluency in English, fluency in at least one local area language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to details
- Computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office, Google, and similar platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, and logistics management or related, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- International relief and development Programs; Preferred experience with coordinating programs in WASH, Medical, Poverty and Hunger, and Orphan support sectors. Director experience, Child Labor Eradication and Infrastructure Development a plus
- Experience with emergency, conflict, post-conflict, or post-disaster settings
- Cross border and remote management
- Education with specialties in Emergency Shelter and Settlement and Climate Change and Sustainable Development will be an advantage in this region
Baitulmaal offers a cooperative workplace focused on quality, innovation, and growth. We look for people who share our values of integrity, creativity, and excellence.If you are interested in this position, apply today! https://baitulmaal.org/careers/